Members of the Dunes Golf & Tennis Club
To the editor:
Our team here at The Dunes wishes you a warm welcome back for the 2014-2015 season. We are excited to tell you about our plans for 2014 and 2015 under our new ownership, the Dahlmann family. Extensive renovations have begun, and some of the projects have already been completed.
2014 Capital Projects that have been completed or are scheduled for completion by mid-December:
1. Repair of Golf Cart Paths: replacement of over 10,000 square feet of damaged and cracked concrete golf course paths -completed, including raising some elevations.
2. New Golf Course Maintenance Equipment: a Toro Workman HDX and two types of Topdressers for upgraded, improved landscaping practices for the greens -completed and on-site.
3. Resurfacing Har-Tru Tennis Courts: excavation, new and increased volume of clay, laser graded slope, aluminum net poles, new nets and new white lines on all tennis courts -completed.
4. Other Tennis Improvements: installation of 9 foot high, dark green tennis court wind screens, new patio tables, 42 inch flat screen outdoor wall-mounted patio television set, and beverage service from the tennis pro shop -underway.
5. Swimming Pool Improvements: new rotating umbrellas, chaise lounge chairs -completed.
6. Golf Clubhouse Bathrooms: complete renovation of the men’s and women’s bathrooms -building permit has just been issued; construction is to commence Monday, 10/27.
7. Renovation of the Events Pavilion: replacement of all of the steel columns, new motorized automatic operating side screens to provide protection from rain, wind, sun and insects. New lighting, new ceiling fans and new speaker system -underway.
2015 Capital Projects that started in July and will be finished in early November: Complete renovation of the Dunes Clubhouse, including the lobby, the bar and the dining room. All of the carpeting and every piece of furniture will be replaced. Every wall and ceiling will be refinished. Colored computer renderings will be on display in the clubhouse starting in early November for you to see and comment on.
SUPPORT OF SPORTS ASSOCIATIONS AND LEAGUES: The Dunes will support and assist the various golf associations and tennis leagues to rejuvenate participation and maximize the club’s partnership with member advisory boards. All Full Club members will have membership in all participating golf associations. All tennis members and team tennis leagues will have enhanced support from our staff and tennis professionals.
IMPROVING THE SOCIAL EXPERIENCE: Improvements in our service to you and in the quality of club lunches and evening social and dinner events will be a priority. Our new Dunes Club social calendar will be filled with events that we believe you will enjoy in the coming months.
You are a vital part of the Dunes Golf and Tennis Club and we are dedicated to providing you an ever-improving experience. We look forward to your return to Sanibel and to twelve months of exciting changes to your club. As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me with your thoughts, comments and concerns.
The Dunes Golf & Tennis Club