homepage logo

Elizabeth Anne Frankwich

Dec 6, 2013

On a bright fall morning, just as the sun was rising, our mother Elizabeth Anne (Ormond) Frankwich closed her eyes for the last time. Libby, as she was known to all, was born on Nov. 30, 1929 in Ohio to Dr. Alexander and Helen Ormond. She was the first of their children. Libby grew up during WW II as her father was an Air Force Colonel and they were stationed at many different bases across the United States.

Libby graduated from the Northfield/Mt Hermon Prep School and finished her education at Dennison University graduating with a degree in Psychology. She was also a member of Delta Delta Delta Sorority, which she joined while in college. After graduation she moved to Baltimore, Md., where she worked in the Psychology Department of Johns Hopkins University. There she met the love of her life, Vernon T. Frankwich. They married in 1953. They resided in New Jersey, Ill., and then for 30 years in Woodbridge, Conn.

Libby was heavily involved with the Junior League, volunteer work at the Rehab Center in New Haven, and eventually served on the Board of Directors for the United Way. While in Connecticut, she and her husband raised their two children, Amy Elizabeth and Douglas Martin. Upon her husband’s retirement in 1998, they moved to Sanibel Island, Fla. There, Libby continued her volunteer work with C.R.O.W. She enjoyed gardening, sewing, traveling the world, playing tennis, and social gatherings with her numerous friends.

Libby was predeceased by her parents and her beloved husband, Vernon. She leaves behind her daughter, Amy (Stephen) Frankwich Jackson, her son Douglas Frankwich, her grandsons Nicklas (Rachel) Frankwich and Thomas Jackson, and her great-grandsons Aiden and Malakai Frankwich. She will be dearly missed by her brother Alexander (Kathleen) Ormond Jr., MD, and many other family members here and abroad. In lieu of flowers the family is requesting donations in Elizabeth’s name be made to C.R.O.W. on Sanibel Island, Fla.

Now you and Dad can dance the night away. A memorial service is planned for a later date