Tickets still available for Red, White and Brew
There still plenty of good seats available for Saturday’s big beer and appetizer bash at more than a dozen downtown restaurants and nightclubs.
As of late Wednesday, about 600 of the 1,000 available tickets for Saturday’s “Red White and Brew” event had been sold.
Despite the seemingly tepid advance sales as compared to other in-season events that tend to sell out early, organizers from the new South Cape Hospitality and Entertainment Association are still confident they would get last-minute and walk-up sales to help make the event a sell-out, or close to it.
“This is a new venture from a new organization. I expect the biggest ticket sales will come in the final days,” said Helen Ramey, CRA economic development manager.
To make ticket buying easier, Ramey said they will sell the remaining ducats in a centralized location instead of at 14 different locations.
“We ‘re going to bring them all to the Dolphin Key Resort lobby because it’s open every day from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.,” Ramey said. “This way people don’t have to run around with multiple stops and will give them the greatest opportunity to get them.”
Lynn Pippinger, South Cape Hospitality and Entertainment Association president and owner of Dixie Roadhouse, said she is encouraged by how things have gone.
“I’m not disappointed. When we have concerts, our pre-sales are a good indication of where we’ll be, but we have a few days to sell these and I’m confident this will be a sell-out,” Pippinger said.
Fourteen of the downtown area’s restaurants and bars will offer beer and appetizer samples, music and drink specials, and a fleet of trolleys will take participants around South Cape, stopping at the participating restaurants and taverns.
– Ralph’s Place, 1305 Cape Coral Parkway, E.
– Dixie Roadhouse, 1023 S.E. 47th Terrace
– Rack ‘Em Billiards, 1011 S.E. 47th Terrace
– Backstreets Sports Bar, 915 S.E. 47th Terrace
– Twisted Conch, 837 S.E. 47th Terrace
– Ciao Wood Fire Pizza, 823 S.E. 47th Terrace
– River Palm, 850 Lafayette St.
– Tubby’s, 4810 Vincennes St.
– Monkey Bar & Steakhouse, 1428 Lafayette St.
– Tiki Hut & Dolphin Key Resort, 1502 Miramar St.
– The Dek, 4704 S.E. 15th Ave.
– Cruisers Lounge, 1517 S.E. 47th Terrace
– Hideaway Bar & Grill, 4720 S.E. 15th Ave.
– Chicago Pizza, 1341 S.E. 47th Terrace
Also, three South Cape hotels within walking distance of the event will offer special room rates to ensure participants enjoy responsibly. The special includes breakfast. Just ask for the “Red, White and Brew” room rates. The hotels are:
– The Dolphin Key Resort, 1502 Miramar St.
– The Holiday Inn Express, 1538 Cape Coral Parkway, E.
– The Hampton Inn, 619 S.E. 47th Terrace.
Tickets are $10 and check-in will begin at 6:30 p.m. at Big John Plaza and Club Square. Participants may park in the public lots and ride the trolleys to the other locations.
Attendees of this event must be at least 21 years old.