Art Walk this Friday in Fort Myers
Art Walk will continue Friday night in downtown Fort Myers beginning at 6 p.m.
Highlights of the Aug. 3 Art Walk will include:
– Art of the Olympians: The museum celebrates the life and accomplishments of a great Olympic hero, four-time Olympic gold medalist in discus, artist Al Oerter, with its current exhibition.
– Art League of Fort Myers: Opening reception for Anything Goes show. Young Artists Awards vocalists Noelle Aparte and sisters Sarah and Elisabeth Best will be performing at the Art League from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
– Articulture Gallery & Tattoo Studio: Group art show.
– Arts for ACT Gallery: Opening reception for exhibits featuring the artist Zaki, doll maker Janice Moore-Petty and a group exhibit from 10 members of ACT Gallery: Lana Picciano, Kate O’Connell, Linda Benson, Manfred Behr, Christina Jarmolinski, Christina Wyatt, Ken Kaminski, Ellen Sayet, Susan Mills and Claudia Goode.
– Showcase and Information Center at IberiaBank: Art Walk T-shirts are available at this location as well as buttons, maps and brochures.
– HOWL Gallery/Tattoo: Opening reception featuring a one man show of the pop-surrealism paintings of Fort Worth tattoo artist and painter Pooch. www.poochisland.com. What We Do Drummers and Crickets Make Math perform.
– Ocasiocasa Studio Gallery: New show opening called Bloomin’ on Broadway, featuring new artwork by co-makers Jeff and Dale Ocasio, centered around our season’s wettest, muckiest, most blossoming and glorious month.
– Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center: Opening for G3: The art of three generations of the Lamers family. This exhibit will showcase the art of (dad) Ken Lamers, daughter Shell Lamers Redfern, son Mark Lamers, son Michael Paul (with daughters Mandalin and Jennifer), son Marty Lamers, son Kent Lamers and son Kevin Lamers (along with wife Angi and their children Macy and Sawyer). Each member of the family will present works at the August show. There will be a vast variety of music and art, as well as delicious hors d’oeuvres and desserts by Mary Lamers.
– Space 39 Gallery: Group art show.
– UNIT A Contemporary Art Space: Exhibit showcasing new 2012 works and live jazz performed by Matthew Hembling.
Spend $100 at any participating Art Walk Gallery, show a receipt and get a free Art Walk T-shirt at the Iberia Visitor Center during Art Walk only, while supplies last.
More than 35 partners make Art Walk successful each month and they include the Alliance for the Arts, Art League of Fort Myers, Art of the Olympians, Arts for ACT Gallery and Boutique, Articulture Gallery & Tattoo Studio, Charme, Cigar Bar, Downtown House of Pizza, Enjewel, First United Methodist Church, Florida Repertory Theatre, Ford’s Garage, Fort Myers Community Redevelopment Agency, French Connection Cafe, Gulf Coast Times, Hampton Inn & Suites, Happenings Magazine, Hideaway Sports Bar, Hotel Indigo, HOWL Gallery/Tattoo, IberiaBank, Legacy Harbour Hotel & Suites, Linen Cottage, Lush Bakery, Market America Realty & Investments, Morgan House Restaurant, The Nest Home & Garden, Ocasiocasa Studio Gallery, River District Alliance, Sidney & Berne Davis Art Center, Space 39 Gallery, Spirits of Bacchus, Twisted Vine Bistro, UNIT A Contemporary Art Space, United Caf, Bar & Bistro, The Veranda Restaurant and the Young Artists Awards Program.
Held the first Friday of every month from 6 to 10 pm., Art Walk features local and national artwork in the downtown art galleries and several art stops in the Fort Myers River District. The evening culminates with an after party at 10 p.m. The after party will be held at Spirits of Bacchus on Hendry Street. This regular cultural event draws between 1,500 and 2,500 people each month to the downtown Fort Myers River District.
Always a collector’s item, new Art Walk buttons will be available at galleries that night. Art Walk has its own T-shirt (in red or black). Shirts are available for a $12 donation at the IberiaBank info center during Art Walk.
A map of Art Walk, showing Art Walk partner locations and parking will be distributed by participating galleries. Art Walk is a rain or shine event. Art Walk was started by a group of art galleries and art enthusiasts and debuted in October of 2008. Art Walk is a River District Alliance event. For more information on Art Walk, participating galleries and links to gallery websites, visit www.fortmyersartwalk.com.
Source: River District Alliance