2012 Law Enforcement Memorial Service Wednesday
The Lee County Sheriff’s Office will honor the county’s fallen officers at the 2012 Law Enforcement Memorial Service this Wednesday, May 16, at 9 a.m. The ceremony will take place in front of the headquarters facilty located at 14750 Six-Mile Cypress Parkway in Fort Myers.
The ceremony coincides with National Peace Officers Memorial Week, a time when the entire nation remembers the brave men and women who have died protecting us. Those lovingly remembered for their dedication to duty and citizens of Lee County are:
* Lt. Matthew Hisler – January 3, 1930 (FMPD)
* Trooper Joseph Bertrand – December 22, 1967 (FHP)
* Deputy Richard Eva – February 12, 1972 (LCSO)
* Deputy Michael Yahl – March 13, 1976 (LCSO)
* Deputy Lynn Hall – April 11, 1979 (LCSO)
* Sgt. Logan Scott – April 3, 1981 (FMPD)
* Cpl. Ronnie Fewell – March 16, 1983 (LCSO)
* Det. Mark Bolhouse – January 19, 1988 (FMPD)
* Cpl. Alfredo Banos – January 30, 2001 (LCSO)
* Deputy Michael Shostak – November 8, 2001 (LCSO)
* Officer Daniel Starks – October 25, 2003 (FMPD)
* Cpl. Patrick Healey – May 13, 2004 (LCSO)
* Deputy Margena Nunez – October 22, 2006 (LCSO)
* Officer Andrew Widman – July 18, 2008 (FMPD)
The public is cordially invited to attend.
The ceremony will include a memorial address by Sheriff Mike Scott. Lee County Commissioner Ray Judah is scheduled to read the proclamation. The Fort Myers Police Department Honor Guard will provide the “Presentation of Colors.” The service will include a 21-gun salute, the playing of taps, performance of “Amazing Grace” by the Harp and Thistle Pipe Band and a helicopter flyover.