homepage logo

CCPD: Man exposes himself to girls

By Staff | Feb 7, 2012

A Cape Coral man is accused of exposing himself to teenage girls while performing a sexual act on two separate occasions in the last month.

Zachary Taylor Elder, 18, of 1814 N.E. 23rd Ave., was arrested and charged Monday with one count each of indecent exposure in public and lewd lascivious behavior offender 18 years of age or older victim less than 16 years of age.

According to Cape police, a 14-year-old girl was walking home Jan. 18 from her bus stop near the 2000 block of Del Prado Boulevard North when a white two-door car drove past her slowly. The driver began licking his lips at her.

The man reportedly circled around and drove past the girl a second time. This time, the girl reported that the driver was performing a sexual act on himself. The vehicle left the area, and Cape police began an investigation.

According to officials, detectives began developing Elder as a suspect.

On Monday, a 17-year-old was walking home from her bus stop in the same area when she reportedly was approached by a man in a white two-door car. The driver reportedly asked the teenager if she wanted to get into the car.

The man offered the girl marijuana and “blues,” which is street slang for Roxycodone pills, according to police. The man again was performing a sexual act on himself. The girl ran from the car to a nearby gas station for help.

The teen called her mother, who then contacted the Cape police.

Officers went to Elder’s residence and discovered his white two-door car sitting in the driveway, and the engine was hot as if it was recently running. The 17-year-old was brought to the scene and identified Elder as the man.

During an interview about the incidents, Elder reportedly confessed.

He was taken into custody by police and booked at the Lee County Jail.

As of Tuesday, Elder remained at the jail on at least $1,000 bond.

Bond had not been set on one of his charges, according to jail records.

Elder has court appearances scheduled on Feb. 28 and March 12.

A man who answered the phone Tuesday at his home declined to comment.