×
×
homepage logo
STORE

Elderly couple found unconscious in their home

By Staff | Sep 21, 2011

An elderly Cape Coral couple was taken to the hospital Tuesday after a relative found them unconscious in their home, a police report states.

At about 9:19 a.m., police responded to a medical call at 837 S.W. 37th Terrace. Gregorio, 78, and Saydee Perez, 76, were discovered by their son lying “unresponsive” on the floor in their kitchen and near one bedroom.

Their son, George Perez Sr., reported that he could smell fumes within the residence coming from the garage. The garage was closed, but he found the key in the ignition of his mother’s car in the on position. It was not running.

Cape fire personnel detected “toxic levels of carbon monoxide” inside the residence. Windows and doors had to be opened to ventilate the home.

Both listed in critical, Gregorio Perez was taken to Cape Coral Hospital and Saydee Perez was taken to Gulf Coast Hospital, according to the report.

Neither of their conditions could be confirmed as of Wednesday.

Perez Sr. told police that his mother was at his home Monday until 9 p.m.

He could not be reached for comment on the status of his parents.