LeeTran schedules public workshops for service changes
LeeTran will conduct five public workshops to introduce proposed changes to routes and schedules throughout the Lee County bus system.
Changes are planned for every route in the system except Routes 70 and 100. They include new service linking Lee and Collier counties; realigning Route 150 in Bonita Springs; splitting Route 90 in North Fort Myers into two routes; splitting Route 110 to Lehigh Acres into two routes; and many other realignments and schedule adjustments.
“These proposed changes result from an in-depth study of our system by a team of transit experts,” explained Transit Director Steve Myers. “We’re simplifying some routes, improving frequencies, and adding service to Collier County, which has been one of the most requested improvements for a number of years.”
The public workshops will start at 5:30 p.m. at the following locations and dates:
• Tuesday, July 26 — Bonita Springs Public Library, 26876 Pine Avenue
• Wednesday, July 27 — East County Regional Library, 881 Gunnery Road, Lehigh Acres
• Monday, Aug. 1 — Cape Coral-Lee County Library, 921 SW 39th Terrace
• Wednesday, Aug. 3 — Lee County Administration Building, 2115 Second St., Fort Myers
• Tuesday, Aug. 9 — North Fort Myers Public Library, 2001 N. Tamiami Trail NE.
Participants will be able to view maps and schedules of the redesigned routes and provide feedback to LeeTran staff.
Interested parties who cannot come to a workshop can obtain the information at www.rideleetran.com, and submit their comments via e-mail to email@example.com, or by mail to LeeTran, 6035 Landing View Road, Fort Myers, FL 33907.
To request special accommodations to participate in and of these public workshops, call 239-533-0323.