Donate blood, eat for free at Sweet Tomatoes
Sweet Tomatoes and the Lee Memorial Blood Centers are teaming up for a blood drive on Thursday, April 28 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 14084 S. Tamiami Trail in Fort Myers. All registered donors will receive a coupon for a free Sweet Tomatoes meal (no expiration) and a Blood Center gift.
All blood collected remains in the Lee Memorial Health System to serve your community. Lee Memorial Health System uses 500-plus units of blood each week. With both The Children’s Hospital and the only trauma center within a five-county area, the need for blood locally remains constant, and needs to be replenished daily. All blood types are currently needed.
The requirements to give blood are:
• Age — At least 17 years old (16 with written parental consent) and in good general health. There is no upper age limit.
• Weight — Minimum of 115 pounds.
• Identification — Must provide photo I.D. with date of birth.
• Food — Eat a good meal before giving and drink plenty of fluids.
• Medications — Many medications such as insulin, blood pressure, thyroid, cholesterol, aspirin, antidepressants and hormone replacement do not necessarily prevent someone from giving blood.
Call 239-343-2333 for more information.