×
×
homepage logo
STORE

Fire that started in shed, damaged house, ruled accidental

By Staff | Apr 12, 2011

An electrical fire that started in an attached shed spread to a Cape Coral home and caused $45,000 damage Monday night, according to officials.
The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental.
At 7:57 p.m., fire dispatch received a 911 call reporting a fire in the backyard of a home at 711 S.W. 36th St. Firefighters arrived to find heavy fire and smoke coming from the rear and attic of the house.
Additional fire crews arrived on scene to assist with search operations, ventilation and back-up hose support. The fire was extinguished by 8:14 p.m.
A search of the home found no one inside. There were no injuries, officials reported.
A Cape fire Iivestigator conducted an investigation and found that an electrical problem in an attached shed started the fire. A city building red-tagged the home, and LCEC pulled the electric meter.