Easter pies, turkeys and hams will benefit soldiers overseas and their families
Anyone who plans on an oven-roasted or smoked turkey, a succulent ham or a perfect pie this Easter should do their shopping at one of Lee Memorial Health System’s hospitals (Cape Coral Hospital, Gulf Cost Medical Center, HealthPark Medical Center or Lee Memorial Hospital).
That’s because Lee Memorial Health System has teamed up with Mason’s Bakery and the HoneyBaked Ham Company for a perfectly scrumptious fundraiser to benefit those in the armed services.
You can choose seven- or nine-pound spiral hams, roasted or smoked turkey breasts for dinner. Nine-inch pies come in five flavors, including apple, chocolate cream, coconut cream, peanut butter and key lime. An assorted mini dessert box with 30 pieces of desserts will be sold for $20. Fruit basket cakes are $25. A novelty 8-inch bunny cake is $15. Pies are $12 each and meats range from $25 to $55.
A portion of each sale will be donated to the LMHS Military Support Fund. You can have an order form mailed, faxed, or emailed to you by calling 239-209-6160.
Now for the fine print:
• Deadline to place your order is Friday, April 15. Checks and order forms must be received by then.
• Checks or money orders should be made payable to, “Military Support of Lee Memorial Health System.”
• Orders must be picked up on either Wednesday or Thursday depending on which campus you have marked. Times and locations for pickup are listed on the order form.
• Ice packs will be given with meat products. Pies must be refrigerated within 24 hours after pickup.
• No refunds if you fail to pick up your order.
The LMHS Military Support Fund helps pay for care packages sent overseas to relatives of LMHS staff and volunteers serving in the armed forces. It also pays for an emergency fund used to help the soldiers’ families here at home if they are ever faced with a hardship that happens while the soldiers are overseas.
Send your order form and a check or money order by Friday, April 15 to LMHS Military Support, P.O. Box 2218, Fort Myers, FL 33902. If you have any questions, call 239-209-6160.