Auction packages announced for Land Sea Air event
Five live auction packages will be up for bid at the inaugural Land Sea Air event to be held this Saturday, April 9 from 5 to 8 p.m. at South Seas Island Resort on Captiva.
All funds raised will benefit Community Cooperative Ministries Inc. CCMI provides more than 14,000 meals each month through their Soup Kitchen and Meals on Wheels programs. The non-profit agency also educates 40 children in their Community Montessori Preschool, provides weekend backpacks full of food to more than 2,500 children each school year and oversees a mobile food pantry and everyday choice café and marketplace.
The packages include:
• A five-day, four-night experience at Niagara Falls including transportation, lodging, helicopter ride, boat rides, IMAX movie passes, personal wine tours and tickets to the Shaw Festival;
• A tennis doubles match plus dinner with former ATP world ranked #11 Andrei Pavel;
• Ladies and gents Steel Oyster Perpetual Rolex watches with oyster style bracelets and superlative chronometers movements from Lily & Co. Jewelry Gallery;
• A one-of-a-kind carving especially created for Land Sea Air by world-renowned wildfowl artist and Sanibel resident Jim Sprankle. The custom piece is a white Ibis landing on a turtle both looking into water at two fish swimming in a pond; and
• Golf for four at the Cocoa Beach Country Club with two-time mission specialist (Discovery 1989 and Atlantis 1990) Col. Robert C. Springer, plus four tickets to the Visitor’s Center at Kennedy Space Center to include the “Dine with an Astronaut” lunch program (with the Astronaut of the Day) and accommodations at the Hilton Cocoa Beach Oceanfront.
“We are so appreciative to the individuals and business owners who have stepped up to make this event a success,” said chair Harry Silverglide. “It is sure to be a signature event to raise funds that will make a real difference for those in need in our area.”
Ticket prices begin at $500 per couple and depend upon the type of arrival method chosen by guests including a sea plane, helicopter, fire truck, chartered boat, personal watercraft, limousine, parasail, kayak, golf cart, celebrity chauffeur and more.
“You cannot ignore the daily headlines about how our Lee County neighbors are struggling,” Silverglide added. “As many as 97 percent of some school children are on free or reduced lunch and more than 700 children are homeless. These numbers are growing and we cannot sit back and do nothing.”
“The monies raised will enable us to help our community and also develop new and innovative ways to fight hunger and homelessness,” said Sarah Owen, CEO of CCMI.
According to Owen this includes opening Southwest Florida’s first customer-centered choice marketplace, establishing Baby U, beginning work on transforming the Soup Kitchen into a community cafe, serving more schools through CCMI’s Mobile Food Pantry, establishing new marketplaces and community cafés and adding more schools and students to its weekend backpack program.
CCMI’s Everyday Cafe and Marketplace concept makes food more easily available to everyone in the community who is hungry. The market model also decreases the stigma associated with standing in line for a hot meal or groceries and reduces significant waste in the preselected grocery bag model.
CCMI works in partnership with the United Way of Lee, Hendry and Glades, Harry Chapin Food Bank and various community foundations as well as collaborates with fellow community and national service groups including The Salvation Army, Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida Inc., Good Wheels, Wake up America, The School District of Lee County and numerous churches, businesses and community support organizations.
Guests will choose their method of arrival by land, sea or air and enjoy cocktails, heavy hors d’oeuvres, entertainment including cirque du soleil-type performers and a live auction.
Sponsors include Northern Trust, Lily & Co. Jewelry Gallery, Myers, Brettholtz & Company, PA, Huff Insurance, South Seas Island Resort, Sam Galloway Ford, The News-Press Media Group and TOTI Media, publishers of Times of the Islands and Gulf & Main magazines.
For more information or tickets, call 239-277-3168.