×
×
homepage logo
STORE

Fire causes $100,000 damage to restaurant in Cape

By Staff | Feb 9, 2011

A morning fire caused an estimated $100,000 in damage to a Cape Coral restaurant Wednesday.
Cape fire units responded to a 911 call at 6:08 a.m. about smoke coming from the roof of First Round Draft Sports Bar and Grille, at 1217 Del Prado Blvd., S. Upon arrival, fire crews observed heavy black smoke exiting from the roof.
Firefighters entered the building through the kitchen and attacked the fire, according to officials. The fire was contained to the kitchen and was put out by 6:32 a.m. The restaurant was vacant at the time. There were no injures.
A Cape fire inspector determined that the cause of the fire was accidental, and that the heat source was an electrical overload in an outlet near the rear door of the kitchen’s stock area. The building was yellow tagged by the city.
A yellow tag indicates only limited access is permitted, officials reported.
Lee County Electric Cooperative was also contacted.
The morning fire required the use of several Cape Coral Fire Department resources, resulting in the need for temporary mutual aid support from the Iona-McGregor Fire Department, according to officials.
David Ramage, the owner of First Round Draft with his wife, was not immediately available for comment Wednesday afternoon. The couple also own The Lazy Dog Bar and Grille, located at 3522 Del Prado Blvd., S.