×
×
homepage logo
STORE

Morning kitchen fire causes $25,000 damage

By Staff | Feb 7, 2011

A kitchen fire at a Southwest Cape residence Monday morning that caused $25,000 damage has been ruled accidental.
Cape Fire Dispatch received a 911 call at 6:56 a.m. reporting a fire at 2201 SW 1st Ave. Fire crews arrived within minutes and were able to knock down the fire quickly. All occupants had left the home before the arrival of the firefighters. There were no injuries.
An investigation by Cape Coral Fire Inspector Michael Burkhart found that the fire originated in the kitchen, and the heat source was the stove. The building was red-tagged by the City’s building inspector, and Red Cross responded to assist the home’s occupants.

Source: City of Cape Coral