Wind chill, freeze watch issued for Sanibel
The National Weather Service forecasts for wind chill and freeze watch for Sanibel through Tuesday, Dec. 14:
Monday, December 13 – NW winds 20 mph. Gusts to 35 mph. Temperature 55 degrees. Wind Chill 45 degrees. Sprinkles likely.
Monday Night, December 13 – NW wind 10 mph. Gusts to 20 mph. Temperature by morning 40 degrees. Wind Chill by morning 32 degrees.
Tuesday, December 14 – NW to W winds 10 mph. Gusts to 20 mph. Temperature 60.
The City of Sanibel encourages you to take the following precautions:
• Bring Pets inside to a covered area
• Bring potted plants inside and cover outdoor plants
• Do not use charcoal or gas grills inside. They produce deadly Carbon Monoxide fumes
• Check on your neighbors , friends, and relatives to make sure they are prepared for the colder weather
• Dress warmly in layers, if you will be outside for extended periods
• Monitor local media to stay current with weather conditions