homepage logo

Burn victim dies from injuries

By Staff | Dec 9, 2010

A Cape Coral man pulled from a burning home last Friday night by Cape Coral firefighters has died from his injuries.
Albert Goldman, 72, of 1512 N.E. 17th Avenue died Tuesday afternoon at the Burn Unit in Tampa General Hospital.
Cape Coral firefighters responded to a house fire at 1512 N.E. 17th Avenue with occupants still inside the residence on Friday, Dec. 3, at 10:54 p.m.
Cape Fire units arrived to find the home fully engulfed. One of the occupants, Goldman, was pulled from the home by firefighters and transported to Tampa General with significant burns to his body.
The department was notified Thursday by the Medical Examiner’s Office in Tampa that Goldman had died on Tuesday.
The cause of the fire was ruled accidental due to a possible electrical malfunction in a bedroom.

Source: City of Cape Coral