Beach access at “A” lots restricted to Sanibel residents, property owners
Sanibel residents and property owners can now purchase their 2011 Beach Parking Permits at the Sanibel Recreation Center seven days a week during regular operating hours. Beach Parking Permits will no longer be sold at the Sanibel Police Department at City Hall.
To qualify for any Beach Parking Permit, please bring a valid vehicle registration for each vehicle and a valid state issued identification or driver’s license showing a Sanibel address or proof of Sanibel property ownership. Payment may be made via cash, check, MasterCard or Visa.
2011 Parking Permit Decals & Fees (Permits Valid through 11/30/2011)
• “A” Resident Property Owner $12
(Resident and/or Sanibel Ad Valorem taxpayer property owner)
• “B” Non-Resident Permit $90
(Non-resident/Non-Sanibel Ad Valorem taxpayer property owner)
• “C” Restricted Permit $90
(Resident and Non-Resident)
• “A/C” Resident Permit $102
• “B/C” Non-Resident Permit $180
• Decal Transfer or Reissue Fee $3 (Residential and Restricted)
• General Parking Meter Rate $2 per hour or any fraction
• General Parking at $2 per hour or “C” Permit required for parking at Gulfside City Park (Algier’s), Boat Ramp and the Causeway Parking Lot
• “A” Permit Parking only at Beach Access Lots 1 through 7 on West Gulf Drive.
The Sanibel Recreation Center, located at 3880 Sanibel-Captiva Road, is open Monday through Thursday, 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.; Saturday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Sunday, Noon to 5 p.m. For more information, call 472-0345 or visit www.mysanibel.com.
Source: City of Sanibel