Lee Memorial Health System Fundation announces allocations
The Lee Memorial Health System Foundation board has approved $258,324 in funding for equipment and treatment programs at The Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida.
All funds approved were raised through corporate and community donations.
Items approved for funding are:
* $65,475 to purchase Transport Monitors for The Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida’s Pediatric Sedation Center. The new equipment will monitor sedated children while in MRI rooms and while transported through remote locations throughout the hospital.
* $94,900 to purchase a Retcam 3 Imaging System for The Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida. This particular equipment will be purchased through funds raised at the 2010 Southwest Florida Wine & Food Fest and will assist The Children’s Hospital Retinologists with management of premature infant’s vision development prevent blindness.
* $44,670 to support behavioral health and counseling for children and their families in the Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Treatment Program.
* $28,753 to purchase a Servo I Infant Ventilator for use in The Children’s Hospital’s Neonatal Unit to aid in infant respiratory care.
* $24,526 to purchase recliners for The Children’s Hospital Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. These recliners provide for comfortable sleeping by a parent who wishes to remain overnight at the bedside of their critically ill child.
Source: Lee Memorial Health System Foundation