homepage logo

Officials rule building fire was accidental in nature

By Staff | Aug 17, 2010

A morning fire Tuesday at a commercial building has been ruled accidental, according to officials.
At 6:54 a.m., Cape Coral fire units responded to a 911 call about a business on fire at 932 N.E. 24th Lane, in the North Cape Industrial Park. When they smoke was showing from a multiple-unit building and was found to be coming from Unit 5, AA Same Day Garage Doors, officials reported.
Entry to the fire was made and firefighters extinguished the flames by 7:09 a.m. The structure was not occupied at the time, according to officials. The Cape fire inspector determined that the fire started along the bottom edge of the right-side firewall near the location of a battery and equipment.
The fire reportedly caused an estimated $15,000 in damage.