Free Miracle ticket, autographed baseball for a pint of blood
To help combat summer blood shortages in our community, the Lee Memorial Blood Center will give away a free Fort Myers Miracle baseball ticket (expires Sept. 1, 2010) and a baseball autographed by the Miracle players to every blood donor who donates on Saturday, June 26.
Donations will be received at Hammond Stadium (Lee County Sports Complex), located at 14400 Six Mile Cypress Pkwy. in Fort Myers from 5 to 8 p.m.
All blood collected remains in the Lee Memorial Health System to serve your community. Lee Memorial Health System uses 500-plus units of blood each week. With both The Children’s Hospital and the only trauma center within a five county area, the need for blood locally remains constant, and needs to be replenished daily. All blood types are currently needed.
The requirements to give blood are:
• Age: At least 17 years old (16 with written parental consent) and in good general health. There is no upper age limit.
• Weight: Minimum of 110 pounds.
• Identification: Must provide photo I.D. with date of birth.
• Food: Eat a good meal before giving and drink plenty of fluids.
• Medications: Many medications such as insulin, blood pressure, thyroid, cholesterol, aspirin, antidepressants and hormone replacement do not necessarily prevent someone from giving blood.
A pint of blood can be donated every 56 days
For questions about donating, please call 239-334-5333.