Additional suspects sought in Operation Bad Image investigation
Eight people who were last known to reside in Cape Coral are being sought, along with 10 others, by authorities on charges related to a two-month investigation.
The Lee County Sheriff’s Office announced the arrest of nearly two dozen individuals and released the names of more than a dozen others still wanted after a countywide roundup Wednesday as part of Operation Bad Image. The investigation targeted people who presented fraudulent MRIs to pain clinics to obtain opiate medication, according to officials with the LCSO.
Wednesday, 22 of the 41 targeted individuals were arrested and charged with uttering a forged instrument and multiple counts of obtaining a prescription by fraud. John Sheehan, spokesman for the LCSO, said the other 19 people sought in connection to the operation are facing similar charges.
One Fort Myers man was located Thursday, according to jail records.
“We just haven’t been able to locate them, essentially,” Sheehan said.
Now authorities are asking for the public’s help in locating the 18 others still being sought. The eight people last known to be living within the Cape include:
– John Angelo Amoroso, 31, of 2944 S.W. Eighth Place
– Christian Giraldo, 27, of 838 S.W. 47th Terrace, Apt. 203
– Shawn Patrick Kenney, 25, of 1125 S.W. 27th St.
– Danny McGee, 30, of 1701 N.E. Second Ave.
– Carmelina Miller, 29, of 1707 S.W. 43rd Terrace
– Jorge Alejandro Pupo, 36, of 1420 S.E. 39th St.
– Joshua Scott Schildgen, 22, of 4607 S.W. Seventh Place
– Stephen Gerald Serencses, 27, of 909 N.E. 23rd Terrace
Anyone with information is asked to call 477-1068.
To remain anonymous and be eligible for up to $1,000 in cash rewards, call Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at (800) 780-TIPS (8477). Tips can also be directed to the Crime Stoppers website at: www.swflcrimestoppers.org.
According to officials, Operation Bad Image was a joint effort between the LCSO Narcotics Unit PILS, or Pharmaceutical Investigative Law Enforcement Strategy, and the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. During the investigation, detectives learned the suspects obtained nearly 60,000 pharmaceutical drugs, with a combined street value of more than $670,000, officials said.
Of the 22 individuals located Wednesday, some reside in the Cape, including:
– Amanda Lee Crawford, 42, of 615 Cape Coral Parkway, Apt. 207
– Jennifer Joy Duncombe, 38, of 2858 N.W. Fourth Terrace
– Jaime Marie Esposito, 31, of 1916 S.W. 13th St.
– James Paul Fox, 47, of 217 S.E. 40th St.
– Paul John Frazzetto, 23, of 301 S.E. 19th Lane
– Jackie V. Holloway, 35, of 3400 W. 16th St.
– James Andrew Lee, 29, of 2705 S.W. 17th Terrace