Mack to speak about oil spill Monday at Sanibel Fishing Pier
On Monday, June 14, Congressman Connie Mack (FL-14) will host a press conference with local officials and business owners on Sanibel to address the oil spill and local preparedness efforts.
The press conference will take place at 10 a.m. at the Sanibel Fishing Pier at Lighthouse Beach, located at 1 Lighthouse Way on Sanibel.
Among the local officials and business owners participating in the press conference are:
• Sanibel City Councilman Marty Harrity
• Sanibel City Councilman Jim Jennings
• Kim Dickerson, Deputy Director of Lee County Public Safety, Emergency Operations Center
• Chief Danny Duncan, Sanibel Fire Department
• Captain Matt LeClair, Lee County Sheriff’s Office; District Commander for Sanibel and Fort Myers Beach
• Mike and Maureen Valiquette and Emilie Alfino of PURRE (People United to Restore Our Rivers and Estuaries)Water Coalition Foundation
• Sam Bailey, owner of Bailey General Store in Sanibel and board member of PURRE
• Robbie and Geoff Roepstorff of Edison National Bank and Bank of the Islands