First 50 blood donors receive Broadway Palm tickets
A blood drive to benefit the patients of Lee Memorial Health System will be held this Saturday, June 12, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Broadway Palm Dinner Theater, located at 1380 Colonial Boulevard in Fort Myers.
The first 50 successful blood donors will receive a free ticket for dinner and show to see "Footloose," a $49 value. Tickets are valid for performances on Wednesdays and Thursdays from June 16 through July 1.
All blood collected remains in the Lee Memorial Health System to serve your community. Lee Memorial Health System uses over 500 units of blood each week. With both The Children’s Hospital and the only trauma center within a five county area, the need for blood locally remains constant, and needs to be replenished daily. All blood types are currently needed.
The requirements to give blood are:
• Age: At least 16 years old (16 with written parental consent) and in good general health. There is no upper age limit.
• Weight: Minimum of 115 pounds.
• Identification: Must provide photo I.D. with date of birth.
• Food: Eat a good meal before giving and drink plenty of fluids.
• Medications: Many medications such as insulin, blood pressure, thyroid, cholesterol, aspirin, antidepressants and hormone replacement do not necessarily prevent someone from giving blood.
Please call 239-334-5333 for any questions about donating blood.