homepage logo

Pot plants removed from Cape Coral home

By Staff | Apr 28, 2010

Police removed four marijuana plants from the backyard of a home in southwest Cape Coral after receiving a tip from an anonymous caller.
A person called the police department and stated that they suspected marijuana was being grown in the backyard of a home at 3206 S.W. First Ave., according to a police report. At about 11 a.m., Tuesday, an officer responded to the home, but drove around the block and approached the home’s unfenced backyard through a vacant field.
The officer saw “in plain sight” a couple of sunflower plants and the four marijuana plants, ranging in height from about 1 foot to 3 feet, the report states. Three people came out of the home as the officer approached the yard. The officer asked the three individuals about the marijuana plants.
Bradley Tascon said the plants were weeds and attempted to pull them from the ground, according to the report. The officer told Tascon not to touch the plants.
Brian Tascon told the officer that his brother’s probation officer had just left and that neither of them wanted any trouble.
The report states that Bradley Tascon began to sway and started to slur his words. Brian Tascon reportedly told the officer that his brother had snorted what he believed was Roxycotins after the probation officer had left. EMS responded to the scene and Bradley Tascon reportedly said the plants belonged to him.
The officer confirmed this with Brian Tascon and the third person present. According to the report, Bradley Tascon was transported to the Cape Coral Hospital Emergency Room. At the end of the day, the officer checked in on Bradley Tascon and found that he was still being treated medically.
The cannabis plants with their roots in tact were submitted into evidence.
During a telephone interview Wednesday, Brian Tascon said he would rather not comment on Tuesday’s incident. He denied any association to the plants.
“That wasn’t my doing, that was my brother’s doing,” Brian Tascon said.
He added that his brother had been taken into custody Tuesday night under the Baker Act and was at the Ruth Cooper Center in Fort Myers.