Police net seven in prostitution sting operation
A Cape Coral woman was among a group of seven people arrested and charged with solicitation-related crimes in an undercover operation, officials reported Friday.
The Lee County Sheriff¹s Office Narcotics Unit and the Bonita Springs Community Policing conducted a prostitution operation Thursday, dubbed Operation April Fools, in South Lee County. Undercover officers focused on contacting individuals using forms of advertisement to solicit prostitution, officials said.
Operation April Fools resulted in the arrest of seven people for various narcotic and solicitation charges, according to a prepared statement from the LCSO. It also resulted in the seizure of a vehicle. Among those charged was Jadzia Jadiida Gusciara, 40, of 5225 Nautlus Drive.
Gusciara was charged with one count of offer to commit or engage in prostitution or assignation, a misdemeanor. She was booked into the Lee County Jail at 2:13 a.m. Friday and released at 6:46 a.m. Friday on $500 bond, according to jail booking records. Her next court date is April 20.
A telephone message left for Gusciara was not returned Friday.
The others arrested and charged in Operation April Fools were:
* Darrell Ackman, 40, of Naples, for one count of live of earnings of prostitution and one count of transporting a prostitute
* Sue Arline, 30, of Riverview, for one count of solicitation
* Sabine Damisse, 19, of Miami, for one count of solicitation
* Xuan Lang, 40, of Naples, for one count of solicitation
* Kristina Rossie, 26, of Fort Myers, for one count of solicitation
* Shantelle Weaver, 19, of Fort Myers, for one count of solicitation and one count of possession of marijuana not more than 20 grams