SPD issues ‘Silver Alert’ for missing man
Today, Feb. 18, 2010, Sanibel Police received a call of a missing 78-year-old Sanibel man who suffers from dementia and other medical conditions, including manic behavior. The individual has refused voluntary examination and without care or treatment he is likely to suffer from neglect. Additionally, he presents a substantial threat to himself.
* Richard Cook, 78 Years of Age, 11/14/1931
* 5′ 9″
* 190 lbs.
* Gray-Blue Eyes Blind in the left eye
* Gray Hair – Cut very short
* Fair Complexion
* Medium Build
* Last Seen Wearing: Khaki Shorts, Gray T-shirt with dark Gray edges, unknown color baseball cap, brown deck shoes.
* Driving: 2002, White Cadillac Eldorado,
* Florida License Plate: IBX580.
* May be residing at local off Island motels.
You are asked to contact the Sanibel Police Department at 472-3111 if you see this individual as well as contact your local Law Enforcement agency.