Urgent appeal issued for for O positive blood
Lee Memorial Health System Blood Centers are experiencing a critical shortage in O positive blood due to high trauma use. The Blood Centers are open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. and each is open one night as follows:
– Cape Coral Hospital, Tuesdays – until 7 p.m.
– HealthPark Medical Center, Wednesdays – until 7 p.m.
– Lee Memorial Hospital, Thursdays – until 7 p.m.
For more information, call 334-5333
The requirements to give blood are:
• Age: At least 17 years old (16 with parental consent) and in good general health. There is no upper age limit.
• Weight: Minimum of 110 pounds.
• Identification: Must provide photo I.D.
• Food: Eat a good meal within four hours before giving.
Source: Lee Memorial Health System