×
×
homepage logo
STORE

‘Accidental’ fire demolishes home in northern Cape

By Staff | Oct 23, 2009

Cape Coral firefighters responded to a house fire Wednesday night on Pleasant Lane Road in an unincorporated area of the north Cape.
City 911 dispatchers received a call at 6:44 p.m. about flames coming from a home at 17131 Pleasant Road, said city spokesperson Connie Barron. When firefighters arrived the house was half engulfed.
Cape Coral fire investigator Alan Carter ruled the fire “accidental,” and officials said it was likely caused by an internal electrical problem.
The home, located in a private subdivision off of Jacaranda Parkway, could not be saved by firefighters.
Barron said the house is not vacant, but the owners were not home when the fire began.
Estimates from the city put the damage at $250,000, she said.