Employee theft workshop set
An employee theft workshop has been set for Thursday, Sept. 24, from 9 a.m. to noon at the Hampton Inn in Downtown Cape Coral.
The workshop will be free.
The FBI calls theft by employees “the fastest growing crime in America,” totalling nearly $40 billion each year. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce estimates that 75 percent of employees steal from the workplace and many do so repeatedly. Employee theft can take many forms and can severely affect your bottom line.
Presentations will be offered by the Small Business Development Center, Cape Coral Police Department and the Florida State Attorney’s office.
Topics will include:
· How To Identify And Reduce Employee Theft,
· Encouraging Employees To Report Employee Theft
· Reducing Inventory Losses
· Identifying Problem Areas In Design & Work Practices That Increase Employee Theft
· What To Do If You Suspect Employee Theft
· Options Employers Have In Theft Cases
· Terminating Employee And Unemployment Insurance