homepage logo

Man electrocuted by power line

By Staff | Jul 9, 2009

A Cape Coral man died Wednesday morning after being electrocuted while trimming trees at a Sanibel residence.
David Lewis, 42, owner of David Lewis Tree Service, was working at a Cowry Court home at about 11 a.m. According to Sanibel police, he had been trimming a strangler fig surrounding a cabbage palm tree.
“When he cut one of the limbs, the branch fell and struck a power line,” said Sanibel Chief of Police Bill Tomlinson.
Lewis was pronounced dead at the scene.
The accident temporarily knocked out electrical service to the West Gulf Drive area of Sanibel.