×
×
homepage logo
STORE

Three family members transported to hospital for carbon monoxide poisoning

By Staff | Jul 7, 2009

Three family members were taken to the hospital late Tuesday after Cape police and fire responded to an open line 9-1-1 call and found the family unconscious in their home and excessive levels of carbon monoxide.
Emergency personnel resonded to a home on Southwest 6th Place at 8:28 p.m., after the calling party to 9-1-1 was incoherent and disconnected from the emergency call.
After Cape police secured the area, Cape firefighters were alerted to extremely dangerous levels of carbon monoxide readings in the home, officials said.
Emergency workers say they found two adults, a man and a woman, and a juvenile girl unconscious inside the home, and called for additional medical support. All three were in respiratory arrest and transported to Lee Memorial Hospital. All three patients have been resuscitated and are breathing on their own.
Cape firefighters also resuscitated a family pet dog on the scene.
The incident is under investigation, and more information will be released when it is available, officials said.

Source: Cape Coral Police Department