×
×
homepage logo
STORE

NeoGenomics Laboratories expansion to create 75 new jobs in Lee County

By Staff | Jun 30, 2009

The Lee County Office of Economic Development announced today that the county and state have approved financial incentives for NeoGenomics Laboratories, Inc. to support its headquarter expansion plans in Fort Myers.
The assistance will assist the company in creating 75 new jobs in Lee County. The economic impact in the county for this project is estimated at $12.7 million, officials said.
Founded in 2001, NeoGenomics has been in Fort Myers since 2003 and has grown from seven employees to 72 employees. The growth of their existing cancer testing core business and expansion of product lines requires the need to expand their testing facilities. Part of the expansion will consist of hiring 75 new employees to their Lee County operation in the next three years. The jobs will be on average high wage, high skill jobs at 150 percent of the county’?s current average wage.
The new workers will be in a variety of fields, including laboratory technologists, laboratory directors, pathologists and laboratory support personnel, said Helen Edenfield, NeoGenomics? director of support services, in a prepared statement.
As part of the project, NeoGenomics will receive a Qualified Tax Incentive from the state of Florida and Lee County worth $300,000.  Of the $300,000 in QTI incentives $240,000 or 80 percent comes from the state and the remaining 20 percent, or $60,000 match comes from the Lee County incentive program.  In addition, the company was approved for an incentive of $315,000 from the Lee County Job Opportunity Program.
“We very much appreciate the incentives approved by the state of Florida and the Lee County Economic Development Office. We would like to thank everyone involved for their support and we look forward to continued growth in Lee County,”? said Edenfield.
 
Source: Lee County Economic Development Office