Sobriety checkpoint results in 7 DUI arrests
A sobriety checkpoint conducted Friday night and Saturday morning at North Cleveland Avenue and Hancock Bridge Parkway North Fort Myers resulted in seven DUI arrests. The number of cars passing through the checkpoint was 961.
The following are the results of the activity that began at 11p.m. and ended at 2:30 a.m. Saturday morning:
– Driving Under Influence: 7
– Driving Without a Valid Driver’s License: 6
– Driving While Driver’s License Suspended: 5
– Possession of a Controlled Substance: 1
– Felony Warrant out of State: 01
– Traffic Citations Issued: 47
This weekend’s checkpoint involved members of the Lee County Sheriff’s Office, Fort Myers Police Department, Cape Coral Police Department Florida Gulf Coast University Police Department, Florida Highway Patrol and Florida Department of Transportation.
Source: Lee County Sheriff’s Office