Swine flu confirmed in Lee County
Florida now has two CDC laboratory confirmed cases of swine flu, including one in Lee County.
* Lee County: 11-year-old boy who attends Spring Creek Elementary School.
* Broward County: 17-year-old female who attends Hallandale High School.
People with respiratory illness should stay home from work or school to avoid spreading infections, including influenza, to others in the community, Lee County Health Department officials stated.
*Avoid close contact with people who are coughing or otherwise appear ill.
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
* Wash hands frequently to lessen the spread of respiratory illness.
* People experiencing cough, fever and fatigue, possibly along with diarrhea and vomiting, should contact their physician.
If you think you have influenza, please call your health care provider and discuss whether you need to be seen in their office, emergency department or stay home.
Source: Lee County Health Department