Best Downtown Martini Competition sold out
All tickets have been sold for the third annual Best Downtown Martini Competition to be held today from 7 to 11 p.m.
Ten Downtown restaurants are competing to mix the best martini and the public was invited to judge.
Trolleys will shuttle the martini tasters to each tasting location for wonderful martinis and delicious appetizers. After the sampling is completed, the tasters will cast their ballot on which restaurant made The Best Downtown Martini. Martinis will be judged in three categories: Best Classic Martini, Best Exotic Martini and Best Dessert Martini.
The Best Downtown Martini Competition locations are:
* Cruiser’s Lounge, 1517 SE 47th Terrace
* Leapin Lizard Bar & Grill, 1719 Cape Coral Parkway, E.
* Mardi Gras, 1341 SE 47th Terrace
* Monkey Bar and Steak House, 1428 Lafayette Street
* Paradise Tiki Hut, 1502 Miramar Street
* Pearl Lounge, 1403 Cape Coral Parkway, E.
* Ralph’s Place, 1305 Cape Coral Parkway, E.
* SCORZ Sports Bar, 1015 SE 47th Terrace
* The Dek, 4704 SE 15th Place
* Twisted Conch, 837 SE 47th Terrace
Check-in booths will open at 6:45 p.m. and will be located at Scorz Sports Bar near Club Square, Big John Plaza near John Michaels Jewelry and Leapin Lizard. Attendees may park in any of the three locations and then ride the trolleys to all the other tasting locations. Note: The parking lots at Big John Plaza, Iguana Mia Plaza and Club Square are city of Cape Coral owned parking lots with ample free parking available. A word of caution, organizers said: There are several businesses in the south Cape area that have posted tow away signs on their private property. The towing companies agressively enforce the policy 24/7. Please don’t spoil your evening by parking there if you have purchased a ticket.