Rec Department's youth program financial assistance application packets now available
May 25, 2011
The Sanibel Recreation Department youth program financial assistance application packet is now available at the following island locations:
• Recreation Center, 3880 Sanibel Captiva Road, 472-0345
• City Hall, 800 Dunlop Road, 472-3700
• Public Library, 770 Dunlop Road, 472-2483
• C.H.R., 2401 Library Way, 472-1189
• F.I.S.H Walk-In Center, 1630 Periwinkle Way #B, 472-4775
• Phoebe's Nest, 459 Periwinkle Way, 472-6378
• Children's Center of the Islands, 350 Casa Ybel Road, 472-4538
• Sanibel Captiva Community Bank, 2475 Library Way, 472-6100
• Bank Of The Islands, 1699 Periwinkle Way, 472-7211
The City of Sanibel financial assistance program assists financially eligible island (Sanibel and Captiva) residents' and island worker's children to attend the after school program, fun days, holiday, spring and summer day camps at the Sanibel Rec Center. These programs are held in a supervised, safe, friendly environment.
Applicants are awarded financial assistance on a sliding fee scale based on need objectively determined.The application includes the applicant's income, number of residents in the family household, income tax return and other relevant information that verifies the applicant's financial information. Names of applicants and identifying information of the applicant are struck from the application so that the Financial Assistance Committee in a public meeting held once a month makes an objective award determination.
Financial awards range from 10 to 80 percent. Each applicant must contribute to the award so that each applicant has "ownership" in the program.
For more information, call the Sanibel Rec Center at 472-0345 or visit www.mysanibel.com .
Source: City of Sanibel